|Posted on January 14, 2013 at 7:35 PM|
The 25' 1935 Richardson "Little Giant" had been owned by Caleb Ballisico for many years but he was unable to do any restoration work.
The Antique Boat Club took over ownership of the boat and offered it to the North Tonawanda History Museum for their Richardson Boat Exhibit. There were height and door restrictions at the building. A smaller model boat was needed in order to get it into the building and this boat fit the bill! To make entry possible, the entrance doors and windows at the museum had to be removed by Lancer Door and Glass Company.
To make the Richardson transportable, we had to replace or sister many of the ribs and frames in the hull. ACBS members helped in the project over a period of seven days including sanding and painting the hull, cleaning and removing interior cabin paint, refastening hull and re-installing wood work that had been removed years ago.
Bow and Stern Marine from North Tonawanda sent their best man, Chris Overkamp, to haul the boat to the museum on their hydraulic trailer. We unloaded, set on dollies and rolled into position in building after doors and windows were removed. The boat is now in position inside and will be part of the interesting Richardson Boat story.
Thanks to help of Rocky Nagel, Rudy Nagel, Ron Root, Carey Tyler, Dick Grainger, Tom Frauenheim, Chester Orzelski and Phil Sullivan for their efforts. The boat is un-restored but we hope to make small clean up projects on it over the next few years.
More Photos here:
Categories: News and Events