|Posted by oldboatsbuffalo on July 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM|
Saturday September 6, 2014 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Buffalo Launch Club, Grand Island, NY (map)
posted by oldboatsbuffalo
37th Annual Show
Antique Boat Show and Raceboat Reunion Buffalo Launch Club • September 6, 2014 Hosted by the Niagara Frontier Chapter ACBS
Boat Show 2014
The theme for this years show is “Glory Days” as we look back in time to the days when the Buffalo Launch Club hosted unlimited hydroplane races in the 50’s and early 60’s! Our plan is to have 3 vintage unlimited hydroplanes churning up the waters on the historic BLC course. Jay Armstrong with the Miss US IV, Dick Higgons with the Miss Budweiser have committed to attend. Bill Black is waiting to see how his newly built Gale IV responds in her two early season outings at Madison and Detroit. If all goes well he is interested in bringing her to Buffalo.
We also are featuring Chris Craft Racing Runabouts and Garwood Speedsters that were prominent in the E and F Service Runabout Class that ran at the BLC.
As you know Buffalo is an action oriented show. In keeping with that theme were are going to have a minimum of 6 large and fast vintage hydroplanes from the Grand Prix and 5 liter classes.
Action on land as well – youth at work – The Buffalo Maritime Center will have their “hand to hand” program in action. This program pairs an adult with a youth, who work together to build a boat. The plan is to have some program participants on site to build a boat that will be completed and launched in the basin by shows end! We are going to be accepting donations as well as making a donation ourselves so the program can continue and be expanded.
So what else is new?
• “Glassics” – featuring boats with the big fins!
• Off Shore boats that will be on display in the basin and then under power on the course!
• Antique outboard motor expanded display with a tank for those that wish to run their motors.
• A gathering of neighbors…..Boats from surrounding clubs east of Buffalo. Youngstown, Wilson, Oak Orchard, and Rochester. Featuring the newly restored VanTine family boat, which was the bumboat at Youngstown harbor!
• A Coast Guard helicopter rescue demonstration during the river break of the race boat portion.
• A special boutique section for the ladies!
• A display by the Grand Island Historical Society on the Ferry boats and landings that supported Grand Island before bridges.
• A return of live music at the Friday evening “Welcome Party”
• New food offerings on show day for spectators, with additional seating areas to enjoy your food!
This is an action show- You will see the boats run!
Categories: Boat Show